Monday, January 4, 2010

The Stack of Cards

I started organizing the recipe cards tonight and typed my first few recipes. Fortunately my mother's handwriting is not my father's handwriting and I can actually read them. I also found a lot of sweet notes like, "This recipe was given to me by my mother," or "From a well-known restaurant in Nashville that we used to go to as children and young adults," or "Good for a church potluck." I start with the most famous, most cherished, most delicious pies in the bunch: Kleeman's Apple Pie, Chocolate Pie from Granny Lula, and Black Bottom Pie. Makes me want to go make them all right now, but the Black Bottom Pie alone would keep me in the kitchen all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post! I really appreciate the input...