Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cookbook Round-Up

Interesting article from NYTimes Style Magazine with a list of cookbooks professional chefs like best: http://tinyurl.com/ybt8mvk

"Mastering the Art of French Cooking" is, of course, at the top of the list. I bought this cookbook during my pregnancy when I was obsessed with reading about cooking and food and the lives of top chefs (anything to get away from those horrific pregnancy and breast feeding books!) When I finished Julia Child's book, "My Life in France," I was blown away by her tenacity, her willingness to be completely absorbed and to learn every last thing about French food and cooking, and then to so "masterfully" share it with all of us. I can only hope to have the kind of time I will need to immerse myself in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" one day and the first recipe I will attempt will be the sole meuniere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post! I really appreciate the input...